Hello friends! How are you all doing?! As for me, well, the usual. Busy being a mommy, a workout junkie and of course being plain lazy. LOL I wish I could be lazy and just sit on my ass all day.
So updates, I have been working out a lot. One of the main reason why I haven’t been blogging lately. I just couldn’t get on my laptop at night to blog. I wake up so early. Do the daily mommy grind and then workout. By the time night comes I have exhausted all the energy I can muster that the moment my body hits the bed, I pass out. Literally.
Anyway, aside all that I still managed to discover, try and loved new things. Which of course I am going to share with you.
Here are my top favorites for the month of July:
1. Get Ripped App
- For people like me who cannot afford a gym trainer, a good workout app helps a lot. Get Ripped does just that. It is available on iTunes and Android. If you are looking for a good workout app, get this one.
2. The New Rules of Lifting for Women by Lou Schuler
- I consider this book as my bible. Great guide and inspiration. As a newbie, I will gather all the help I could get and this book really helped me.
3. Maybelline New York Great Lash Waterproof Mascara
- I sweat because I workout, obviously. I also cry over silly dramatic shows. So yeah, a good waterproof mascara is a must have for me. Otherwise, I’d look like a raccoon. And this my lady friends is the best. At less than $7, this will give the best bang for your buck.
- love my water. I don’t drink fancy alcoholic drinks so sometimes I splurge on my water. And man, do I love my water splurge. Perrier is extremely refreshing and just plain tasty. I know, how can water be tasty? Well, try it your self and experience what I mean. 🙂
- I’ve had them before and I see them all the time but never really been into eating it until recently. I have learned to appreciate it. It is a great source of protein. I keeps you full because they are not easy to digest which makes it a great pre-workout meal.
There you have it. My July favorites. How about you? Anything new you liked and loved? Share it with us. Comment below!
Hiya, guys! It’s that time again. Let’s hear my June favorites. I know, I am late… But hey, at least I am consistent. LOL I mean, I was late last month and then the month before. So yeah, it’s becoming a trend. Why not just stick to it. Haha
Anyhoo, how was your June? Mine was busy. Husband had a two week vacation from school and work. That was the reason why I wasn’t on much. The kids had a blast spending more time at my parents- in-law’s house. They have a pool. I have tan lines now. Ha! I will share more about our family time in another post.
Let’s get on with my June favorites. 🙂
Here are my top favorites for the month of April:
1. Row Machine
- When I workout, I try using machines not just the weights. It makes my workout more diverse. And with the use of machines, it helps target specific muscle groups. Right now, I am focusing on m arms, glutes and core. And the row machine does just that. It is awesome. 🙂
2. Ice Bath
- Workout not only is hard but painful. a good ice bath helps my muscles sometime. It can be hard dipping yourself in ice cold water but you’ll get used to it in the long run.
3. Lemon Water
- Bloatedness is a girl’s enemy. Just right about my perfect I feel so bloated. Lemon water help get rid of that unwanted water retention. Though results vary from prerson to person. For me, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t.
4. Face Stockholm Brow Shadow
- I love this brow shadow. It stays on the whole day. It may be a little more expensive than other brands but it sure it worth every penny. It is quite big too so it’ll last a long time.
5. Under Armour Trainer Gloves
- Weight lifting got its downside. For me, it is sore muscles (which I believe is fairly common) and hand blisters. My hands are soft. I don’t have protective callouses so this gloves helps a LOT.
6. Pantene Dry Shampoo
- I don’t wash my hair every day to retain the color treatment and also to keep my natural hair oil to help soften my dry damaged hair. This dry shampoo helps a lot keep my hair smelling fresh and looking extra greasy.
It’s the 3rd of June, I know, my monthly favorites post is late again. Well, being a SAHM sure is a busy business, ya know?! I’m sure lots of you understand.
Anyhoo, May came and gone like any other month. Nothing too special happened. Except for the best Mother’s day gift I got. 🙂 As I have mentioned before somewhere in this blog, I have a crappy phone. Finally, husband got a me a fancy one! It’ll be mentioned in my favorites below.:)
Here are my top favorites for the month of May:
1. Samsung Galaxy S5
- Hubby gave me this phone as a Mother’s Day gift. I may sound too materialistic if I say it is the best gift ever! But what the heck?! Well, it is! I even cause I’ve been using a crappy phone for almost a year now. So yeah, I LOVE it!
2. M.A.C cosmetics lipstick in Diva
photo not mine
- As a MAC cosmetics junkie, I thought I have all the basic shades of lipstick covered in my collection… Newsflash: NOT! This is my first dark lipstick! I truly am missing a lot. I lot dark lipsticks. I just didn’t realize that I don’t even own one! Not anymore! 🙂 Will be rocking this vampy look comes the colder months!
3. JPK Paris Lovesac Bag
- I scored this baby for a bargain of a price! This retails not ridiculously expensive but it looks fabulous. It is now my everyday bag. I take this with me everywhere I go. The size is perfect and the bag itself doesn’t weigh a ton like some of my bag which is awesome. I don’t need an added weight to the crap load of things that I already have inside my bag.
4. Bitten (T.V. Show)
- New tv show I am addicted to. I don’t really watch tv, but I do watch on Netflix All. The. Time. I can’t wait for season 2. If you haven’t seen this one yet, you should!
5. Kiss the Girls by James Patterson
- I love all James Patterson books. I have almost all of them, well, not really. But almost if I combine mine with my father-in-law’s collection. I read and re-read them. Will never get tired if reading them.
I would love to share more but this is getting too long. Let’s save it for next time. Perhaps in another post not all dedicated for favorites. A review perhaps?
Hello everyone! It’s time to round up our new favorites of the month again, this time for the month of April, my favorite month! Why is it my favorite? Well, it’s quite obvious actually… I’m April, so it is my month. Ha! So I claim. 😉
Anyway, let’s get on with our favorites. This list is quite a mix of everything. I acquired and did a lot of things last month, I just realized. I am quite obsessive. When I like a particular thing or brand, I stick to it. So yeah, I hope you will like any of my favorites this month.
Here are my top favorites for the month of April:
1. M.A.C cosmetics lipstick in Sweet Experience (Playland Collection)
- Honestly, I haven’t used this as much but I am just inlove with the color. It is in matte finish, which is my favorite. It is a little drying on the lips which can be easily result with a light coat of lip gloss on top. Personally, I don’t mind that it too matte.
2. Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor
- This juicer is awesome and more. I love that it isn’t so big like the other models. I don’t have much counter space so this one is perfect. The juicing power is awesome. It is very easy to clean and it is not as loud or noisy as I expected. I am just so impressed with this juicer. I use it everyday and am just in awe every time.
3. Someone by Alice McDermott
- I don’t want to say much about this book to not to spoil it for someone who wants to read it. All I have to say that it is a great book and a must read for every women. 🙂
4. Under Armour
- I am obsessed with anything Under Armour. I am impulsively buying lots of workout apparel from them, it is crazy! I am at the point where I have to hide my new purchases from my husband or he will be royally mad! Seriously, it is an addiction I am afraid I cannot control! Help! LOL
5. The Body Shop Tea Tree Pore Minimiser
- The name says it all. It is a great product. If you have problem with your pores, this is a product to try. 🙂
I have more to share but this list is getting too long. 🙂 How about you? Any new favorites you would like to share? Please do share and leave a comment below.
Hello all! How was your month of March? Mine was crazy busy and I did a lot of new things lately. I just started reading a new, I have a new favorite TV series on Netflix, started going to the gym and of course got lots of new beauty and food finds to share with you all.
Let’s get on with it!
Here are my top favorites for the month of March:
1. M.A.C cosmetics lipstick in Lovelorn
- I am inlove with this lipstick. It is the perfect shade of baby pink. It is not so bright, it has a very subtle creamy pink tint which I love. It is the perfect baby pink lipstick to wear during Springtime.
2. Nickelback Here and Now
- This is not necessarily new but I just have been listening to this particular Nickelback album a lot recently. It is my workout beat. I love the loud alternative rock songs they got in this album which keeps me upbeat while working out.
3. Nature’s Valley Granola Bars
- These granola bars are yum! I love munching on them when I wake up at 5 in the morning on the way to the gym. I can’t really eat breakfast before working it and I hate working out on an empty stomach.
4. M.A.C cosmetics Mineralize Foundation
- This, my friends, is the holy grail of mineral foundation. I love how it makes my skin look so smooth and radiant. I opt for a sheer coverage but you can build it up to full coverage if you want. It stays on for more than 12 hours so less retouch throughout the day.
5. Hunger Games: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
- On my nightstand right now is this book. I finished the first one and I just started on this. It is an absolute page turner. I love the hardcover version. Why? I don’t know… I am just a dork like that. 🙂
6. Moschino Cheap and Chic: I Love Love Perfume
- I have had so many perfumes but I always come back to this one. It is my absolute favorite and I consider this as my signature scent. I will never love any other perfume as much as I love this one. I have been using this for maybe 10 years now and I love the smell like the first time I took a whiff of it. ❤
These are my March favorites. Did you get something new in March? Please do share and comment below. 🙂
Hello, lovely readers. How was your month of love – February? Mine was quite pleasant. My husband and I celebrated Valentine’s Day and his birthday. Together with the minis of course. I also have discovered new items that I immediately love and just pretty use it everyday for the month of February.
Here are favorites for the month of February:
1. M.A.C cosmetics lipstick in Taupe
- This lipstick is beautiful. It looks dark and unattractive on the tube but it is absolutely beautiful once it’s on the lipstick. It is like that “your lips but better” color. This is the color you would wear on a job interview or meeting your boyfriend/husband’s mom.
2. Hubert’s Raspberry Lemonade
- I love lemonade and Hubert’s raspberry lemonade is just tasty and refreshing. You can see the pulp on the bottle so you know that what your drinking is the real thing and not just some artificially flavored drink.
3. Essie Turquoise and Caicos Nail Polish
- The moment I saw this nail polish, I fell inlove with it right away. I love the color turquoise and this is that perfect color. Very bright and it definitely have that lightening effect in your mood. Super gorgeous.
4. Bath & Body Works Body Lotion
- I wear lotion every day. I can’t go on with my day without it. I love scented lotions since I don’t really wear perfume or body spray when I’m just at home. BBW’s Love Love Love lotion have a very sweet scent but not overwhelming. It smells so pretty and clean.
5. KitchenAid Artisan Stand Mixer
- I’ve been wanting to have this mixer in a loooonggg time. Finally, my husband got it for me as a gift for Valentine’s day. I couldn’t think of a better gift than this. It is such a beauty and works like a charm in my kitchen. It now have a designated permanent spot on my kitchen counter top. I just love love love love this baby. But I love the man that gave this to me even more.
These are my February favorites. Did you get something new this February that you love? Please do share and comment below. 🙂
I know this is quite late but I want to start this little series. This is the My Monthly Favorites. There are things that I discover monthly, you know the little things… like a lipstick, a nail polish color, a snack, drink, etc. I have what you call a “flavor of the month”, though sometimes when I really like it then it’s for keeps.
Here are my favorites for the month of January:
1. M.A.C cosmetics lipstick in Ravishing
photo not mine
- I just love love this lipstick. It is a gorgeous coral shade. It looks more on the peach side on the lips. A great color to wear during spring and summer.
2. Epic Blend Hemp Coconut Lip Balm
- This balm is awesome. I got this on my January BB5 box. I just love this. I’ve gone through many lip balms before and this is by far the best I’ve tried.
3. Mason Mug with Straw (bought by husband)
- This mug is awesome. It is perfect for my iced coffee. This never leaves my side. This is my new best friend and forever will be my favorite, not just for this month. 🙂
4. Keebler Town House Crackers (Original)
- A very light crackers. A perfect pair for my iced coffee.
5. Ergonomic Crochet Hook
- This is new, been using it for just a few days now. Because it’s new, it’s kind of a favorite. But my hand is still looking for the usual hook that I used to use. This will take a while of getting used to.
6. eBook: Why Can’t I Be You by Allie Larkin
- I am not going to spoil the surprise and put a snippet about it here. I just encourage you to read this. I’ve read a quarter of it so far and it’s good.:)
7. TV Series: The X-Files
- I’ve been watching this from the beginning since last year on Netflix… Yes, all 9 seasons of them. My first time I’ve watched this. I finally finished it end of January so I thought of including it here. I am really sad that it’s over. I really love the characters. I might just watch it all over again. 🙂
So, there it is… my January favorites. I am a very simple person with very simple likes/pleasure. They are nothing fancy but I love them.
How about you? Do you have new favorites?